Happy Sunday, kittens! Yesterday I went to a Christmas night out with some friends: it was the first time I went out with this crowd and I had a great time! Stepped out of my comfort zone and it was a very positive experience. Yay! But today is all about recharging, getting ready for the week ahead and dedicating some time to making delicious comfort food. And what better comfort food than lasagna…with a twist?! Here we have the recipe for the Easy Vegan Lasagna Rolls with Vegan Ricotta by Shane&Simple.
It is probably one of the easiest recipes, returning an amazing result!
- 1 x 14 oz. block firm or extra firm tofu (NOT Silken)
- ¼ – ½ cup nutritional yeast (depending on how “cheesy” you want your ricotta)
- 3 tbsp. Italian seasoning. Or (you can use 1 Tbsp. dried basil, 2 Tbsp. dried oregano)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup fresh spinach (chopped or whole)
- 2 x 28 oz. can of low-sodium crushed tomatoes. If you like your sauce a little chunky, use 1 can crushed tomatoes and 1 can diced tomatoes.
- 2 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes (adjust according to spice preference)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 box whole grain lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
To Make The Tofu Ricotta
- Break tofu apart and put in food processor. Add lemon juice, nutritional yeast, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt. Blend until fairly smooth and ingredients are well combined.
- Add spinach and pulse 8-10 times or until spinach is chopped well and incorporated into ricotta.
To Make The Sauce
- Place tomatoes and spices in a large pot and simmer over medium to medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes.
To Make The Lasagna
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions
- In a 9×13 baking dish, pour ½ the sauce into the bottom of the pan. Strain noodles and prepare to make the lasagna rolls.
- Lay noodles out one at a time, place a spoonful of Easy Vegan Ricotta onto the noodle and spread until the noodle is covered. Once covered, start at one end of the noodle and roll it up like a sleeping bag. Place into the baking dish and repeat process until all rolls have been assembled.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of all noodles, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
Just trust me on this: you will thoroughly enjoy it!