Happy Sunday, kittens! I hope you’re having a nice weekend. Here it has been very hot for a few days, with a very clear sky and temperatures around 27°C which is exceptionally high for where I live! Today I decided to go to the shops to get a little present for a colleague: the shop I wanted to visit is not in the town centre and I can reach it in 15 minutes by walking, so I went to the shop, got the present and when I went out it started raining. I got literally soaked! Wasn’t expecting that. Oh well, that’s life. Anyway, enough of my adventure! Because it is so warm, I wanted to share the recipe for a dessert that doesn’t need too much heat to prepare and is still extremely delicious: Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Nutriciously!
I made them quite recently and are already on my list of favourite recipes. In addition, if you omit the white chocolate these are also a great snack or dessert for when you do the Limpia.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (450 g)
Vegan chocolate coating
- 1 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate, chopped (100 g)
- 1 tsp almond butter (optional)
- ½ cup vegan white chocolate, chopped (50 g)
Prepare the strawberries
- Rinse and drain the strawberries without removing the green leaves.
- Pat dry with paper towels and place them in the fridge.
Make the chocolate coating
- Get two clean bowls and put the chopped dark chocolate in one, the chopped white chocolate in the other.
- Fill two pots ¼ of the way with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to low heat, then place the bowls inside — make sure they are big enough to cover the pots!
- Let the chocolate melt over the sightly boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- When the dark chocolate has melted, add the almond butter and stir to incorporate.
Dip & coat your strawberries
- Remove the strawberries from the refrigerator and get a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Gather your toppings: melted dark chocolate, melted white chocolate, crushed almonds, shredded coconut and cocoa nibs. Make sure each of them gets its own little bowl or plate.
- Grasp your first strawberry by the small green leaves and dip it into the melted dark chocolate, aiming to coat the strawberry evenly. Shake off any excess, then put your coated strawberry on your prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining strawberries and place them in a single layer on your tray. Drizzle a few of them with more black or contrasting white chocolate by using a fork or a piping bag.
- Finally, add some crunchy toppings! Roll your chocolate-covered strawberries in the prepared bowls with crushed almonds, shredded coconut or cocoa nibs.
- Refrigerate the decorated strawberries for 30 minutes before serving.
Easy-peasy! I hope you’ll enjoy these snacks perfect for the summer.