Hello my cats! How is your Sunday going? This has been the third Saturday I was working and … Today’s recipe is something that is really delicious: a vegan omelette made not only with chickpea flour but also with tofu, a Spanish Omelette. My mouth is watering just at the thought! The recipe I usually follow is the Vegan Tortilla-Spanish Omelette by ForkfulOfPlants. Obviously, easy and quick!
- 350 g salad potatoes sliced
- 150 g chickpea flour (1 cup)
- 150 g silken tofu (~.5 cup)
- 250 ml water (1 cup)
- ¾ tsp black salt ground
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garlic powder/granules
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion sliced
- Add the sliced potatoes to a saucepan, cover with boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes, draining and rinsing with cold water once cooked.
- Meanwhile, make the batter mixture. Add the chickpea flour, silken tofu, water, black salt, turmeric, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and a grind of black pepper to a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a 20-25cm non stick frying pan frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion and fry it for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned and softened. Add the cooked and drained sliced potatoes to the pan. Stir the potatoes and onions to mix, then arrange the potatoes in a flat layer.
- Pour the batter over the potatoes and onions in an even layer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the top has no runny liquid left sitting on it (it will still be soft).
- When the first side is cooked, it’s time to flip the omelette! Take a large, flat plate, and place it upside down on top of the pan.
- With your hand on top of the plate, flip the pan upside down, moving the tortilla onto the plate. Then, carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan on the uncooked side.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on the second side, then slide the cooked vegan omelette on to a clean plate to serve.
I hope you’ll like it!
One thought on “Recipe Sunday – Vegan Tortilla- Spanish Omelette”
Vegan Tortilla- Spanish Omelette looks delicious. Thank you 😊🌍