Hello cuties! How is everything with yous? I hope you’re having a brilliant weekend, spending it doing what makes you feel good. If you’re not, and you have to deal with unpleasant things, I really hope you’ll get over this soon. In any way, I feel that the recipe I’m sharing with you today will bring a smile to your face.
Pear muffins are something I wouldn’t have thought I would have loved this much because I’ve never been a fan of pears. But at some point, I found myself with so many pears and wasn’t sure about what I could do with them: a browse online for “quick vegan pear recipes” and there it was, Comforting Wholesome Pear Muffins by SeitanIsMyMotor! Tried it, absolutely loved it and you will too!
- 140 g (purple) whole wheat flour (1 cup + 2 Tbsp)
- 50 g sugar (¼ cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 120 ml soy milk (½ cup)
- 70 g apple sauce (3 tbsp)
- 30 ml neutral oil (2 Tbsp)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 6 mini pears or six pear quarters (or ½ cup diced pear)
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease 6 muffin tins with oil.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for pears.
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and press pears into the batter. Or, if you are using diced pears, mix them into the batter before pouring the muffins into the tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve immediately or when cooled completely.
Easy, quick, and extra flavourful!
Let me know if you make it!