Hello beauties! Just a very short post today. We’re having an unusual mild weather at the moment, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t make some delicious comforting food. So here’s the recipe for Flourless Chocolate Fudge Cookies by Elavegan: you won’t believe how delectable they are…and without flour!
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground chia seeds + 1/4 cup (60 g) water
- 1 scant cup (100 g) ground sunflower seeds or almond flour
- 3/8 cups (75 g) date sugar or organic cane sugar
- 5 tbsp (30 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder (optional, but recommended)
- 3 1/2 tbsp (50 g) nut/seed butter of choice
- 1 1/2 tbsp (18 g)coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (60 g) dairy-free chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (or both)
- 1 To a small bowl add ground chia seeds (or ground flax seeds) and 1/4 cup water. Stir to combine and set aside. Also, preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To a medium-sized bowl (or food processor) add ground sunflower seeds (or almond flour), cane sugar (or granulated sugar of choice), cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and espresso powder. Mix until there are no lumps.
- Add nut/seed butter of choice, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and the chia seed mixture. Stir (or blend, if using a food processor) until combined.
- Finally, add the dairy-free chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) and mix with your hands until you have a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces (each weighing about 50 grams / or make 10 smaller ones) and roll each piece with your hands into a ball. You can also use an ice cream scoop.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared parchment paper and flatten them with your hand. Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes. They will be still soft when you take them out but firm up once cooled. Enjoy!
You won’t regret making them and probably eating them as soon as they get out of the oven!