Hello beautiful kittens! How are you? These days everybody is talking a lot about how spring is approaching and they are all so happy, I don’t have the heart to tell them that spring doesn’t agree with me! But yeah, the past days have been decisively milder, although I wouldn’t scream “spring!” just yet as a couple of years ago we got snow in May and two years before that it was “The Beast from the East” in March.
Anyway, today’s recipe is so easy and so tasty and you can use it as a side but also for a risotto! So here is the Buttery Leeks and Cabbage recipe by VeganPunks.
- 350 g cabbage savoy or white – sliced
- 1 leek – washed and sliced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter or margarine
- Salt & Pepper
- (to make a risotto, 1 cup of arborio rice plus 1 1/2 cup of vegan broth)
- Melt the vegan butter over a medium-high heat in a large frying or sautéing pan
- Put the leeks in once the butter has melted and stir well. The leeks should get a nice coating of vegan butter
- Cook for five minutes until they softened slightly
- Next pop the cabbage in. Keep stirring until it wilts down. Due to the volume, this will take about 15 minutes!
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
6. Add the rice, add broth and let it cook until al dente.
One thought on “Recipe Sunday – Buttery Leeks and Cabbage Recipe”
Pingback: Recipe Sunday – Buttery Leeks and Cabbage Recipe — The Vegan Cat Librarian | My Meals are on Wheels